Reducing cycle times and achieving a superior surface finish are two key goals when 5-axis machining.
Evan Duncanson, milling applications specialist, EMUGE-FRANKEN USA offers a look at why manufacturers in aerospace, medical and automotive, die/mold and many other industries that machine parts traditionally with a ball nose end mill have access to a powerful alternative: circle segment end mills (also known as conical barrel cutters). Increased tool life, superb finishes and significantly reduced cycle times are all easily achieved when using circle segment end mills. Attend this session to gain a solid understanding of this highly productive milling option including the following overview: circle segment tools defined tool types and applications; CAM software requirement; why choose circle segment over ball mills or conventional finishing strategies (and when not to); and real-life application examples.
Latest from Aerospace Manufacturing and Design
- gaining altitude
- Improve manufacturing with proper toolholding & workholding
- Airbus steps up its quest for new talent
- Sumitomo's MEFF Chipbreaker Turning G Class Chipbreaker for Fine Finishing
- Investing, thriving with automation - free webinar registration
- Webinar - 2023 forecast for medical, aerospace, and EV
- #5 Lunch + Learn: Creating efficiencies in your automotive machining from the start
- Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse installs hydrogen test bench